Email is one of the most traditional kinds of digital communication, but it’s also one of the most powerful digital marketing methods available.
Yes, there are innovative ways to communicate with your audience and consumers, such as social media and live chat. However, with over 4.5 billion users, email is the king of marketing mediums.
Furthermore, email marketing offers a return on investment of $36 for every dollar invested, indicating that it belongs in every marketer’s toolkit.
Email marketing remains the most successful marketing channel, outperforming social media, SEO, and affiliate marketing.
Why? Why, in the midst of all the buzz about new channels, is this decades-old technology still one of the most effective marketing strategies?
Is Email Marketing Obsolete?
Despite the development of social media, many prefer email over other channels. After all, what good is selling to someone if they aren’t present?
According to data, the majority of people use email, and the number grows every year.
Furthermore, with email marketing, you control the connections — you don’t have to be concerned about algorithm updates destroying your reach.
Are you still not convinced? According to HubSpot, four out of five marketers would choose to forego social media over email marketing.
That is why, now more than ever, creating an effective email marketing strategy is critical.
How to Begin with Email Marketing
Email marketing is a marketing method in which organisations send promotional communications to a large number of consumers. It is often used to create sales through the distribution of promotional offers, the nurturing of leads, or the expansion of the reach of content marketing activities.
If you check your email right now, chances are at least half of your messages are email marketing, such as this one from GlassesUSA:
The Basics of Email Marketing
Let’s start with the basics before digging into the techniques you’ll use to construct and use email marketing. These pointers will help you make the most of your email marketing campaign, which we’ll discuss next.
- Maintain Humanity: Email marketing is popular, which means it is also competitive. Use email to communicate directly with your users, using their names and allowing them to see the human side of your company.
- Use Engaging Subject Headings, But Don’t Bait And Switch: Using interesting subject titles is critical to increase email open rates, but keep them on topic and non-spammy. Users that feel misled are more likely to unsubscribe or designate your communication as spam, reducing deliverability.
- Make Messages Brief: Because most email is viewed on a mobile device, keep your text brief and to the point. If you need to convey a lot of information, direct them to a blog post or landing page.
- Include CTAs at the top and bottom of the page: CTAs are always featured above the fold on landing sites; employ the same method with email by placing strong CTAs after the first paragraph and again at the conclusion.
- Request Permission and Keep Your Promises: Never buy email lists — unlawful it’s in most circumstances and won’t provide results. Make sure to present high-quality material or deals if you offer a discount or fantastic content.
What Is the Process of Email Marketing?
Email marketing is one of the most effective marketing tactics, thanks in large part to its low cost.
Generally simple and frequently automated.
It may also help with other marketing endeavours such as lead generation, sales, and content marketing.
Three important components are required for an efficient email marketing campaign:
1. A mailing list
An email list is a database of subscribers who have opted to receive emails from you.
You need an active, engaged email list to build successful email campaigns.
There are several methods for building an email list. One of the simplest is to develop a lead magnet (also known as an offer) that your target audience would appreciate, such as a voucher, in return for their email addresses.
2. A provider of email services
An email service provider (ESP), sometimes known as an email marketing platform, is software that assists in email list management. It also aids handily assists in the design and carry outbound email campaigns.
You may also use an ESP to build automated triggers when your audience does particular activities, such as sending a cart reminder if a user adds an item to their cart but does not checkout. Personalizing interactions with these triggers increases engagement and open rates.
3. Clearly Defined Goals:
Email may assist you reach a number of business objectives, including:
increase revenue and brand awareness
lead generation and nurturing
keep consumers interested, boost customer loyalty, and improve lifetime value
To run a successful email marketing campaign, your email list, ESP, and goals must all be in sync. Then you may start working.
The first step is to divide your email list into segments based on subscriber demographics or behaviours.
Create an email or series of emails to persuade customers to take action (your goal).
Finally, utilise your ESP to send emails and automatically monitor the campaign.